[Proj] How I solve Projection Problem ?

Mustafa646 noorcs22 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 05:35:56 EST 2011

I have some shapefiles with projection "SWEREF 99 1800 (EPSG:3006)". I tried
to display these shapefiles over Google Map by changing projection from
EPSG:3006 to EPSG:4326 by using command ogr2ogr. The conversion was
successful. When i compare these shapefiles (original and converted) in
MapWindow (GIS software for viewing and editing shapefiles). There was a
difference in shape between the two. The converted file was streatches in
width. thats why, it could not display over Google map. I could not
understand, why this happen ?

can anybody explain why this happen ?. OR can anybody suggest me another way
to convert the projection ?