[Proj] Compiling on Solaris 10 x86

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 23 09:05:16 EST 2011

On 11-03-23 07:57 AM, Vinicius Carvalho wrote:
> Hi There! I'm trying to compile and install this library on a Solaris 10 x86
> server. Needed for the PostGIS install.
> So, I ran ./configure and everything went ok, but gmake is throwing an error:
> (cd .libs && rm -f libproj.so.0 && ln -s libproj.so.0.6.6 libproj.so.0)
> (cd .libs && rm -f libproj.so && ln -s libproj.so.0.6.6 libproj.so)
> false cru .libs/libproj.a PJ_aeqd.o PJ_gnom.o PJ_laea.o PJ_mod_ster.o
> PJ_nsper.o PJ_nzmg.o PJ_ortho.o PJ_stere.o PJ_sterea.o PJ_aea.o PJ_bipc.o

Vinicius,

I'm not sure why it is happening, but it seems that configure selected "false"
as the "ar" command on your system.  It looks like predefining the AR
environment variable may operate as a clue to configure about what archive
command to use.  Try:

export AR=/bin/ar
./configure

and check what "ac_ct_AR" is set to in src/Makefile.

It might also be a problem with libtool since I presume libtool is
actually intercepting in the ar command.

Good luck,