[Proj] Different lat/lon projections

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Mon May 2 10:58:04 EST 2011

I don't think PROJ has a switch for outputting longitudes to anything but [-180,180].  It doesn't care on the inputs (it normalizes to [0,2pi]).  PROJ only deals with coordinates, so it doesn't have to deal with sticky issues like keeping geometry objects intact across the date line.

Example:

C:\proj\bin>proj +proj=utm +zone=11 +datum=WGS84
240 34
222908.70       3766214.72
-120 34
222908.70       3766214.72