[Proj] load arcSDE raw data from database and convert to lat/long

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Wed Nov 9 10:50:16 EST 2011

Vincenzo,

Since you did not mention where you are, I had to look up the coordinates to give you a clue.  Since your coordinates are near Rome, the local coordinate system is a Gauss-Boaga Transverse Mercator referenced to the Monte Mario Datum of 1940 on the International ellipsoid.  For further details, see my column on the Italian Republic in the August 2005 issue of Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing.  The pdf of that column may be downloaded from the society's website at www.ASPRS.org.

Clifford J. Mugnier, C.P., C.M.S.
Chief of Geodesy,
Center for GeoInformatics
Department of Civil Engineering
Patrick F. Taylor Hall 3531
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Baton Rouge, LA  70803
Voice and Facsimile:  (225) 578-8536 [Academic]
Voice and Facsimile:  (225) 578-4578 [Research]
Cell: (225) 328-8975 [Academic & Research]
Honorary Life Member of the
Louisiana Society of Professional Surveyors
Fellow Emeritus of the ASPRS
Member of the Americas Petroleum Survey Group