[Proj] +a argument different than I expected

Michael Speth spethm at landcareresearch.co.nz
Wed Nov 16 15:42:18 EST 2011

Hi Frank,
   I think I am confused on how the arguments should be used.  Let me
describe what I am trying to test.  Here are the following scenarios to
test the projections I am working on (HEALPix & rHEALPix):

* Forward Sphere
* Inverse Sphere
* Forward Ellipsoid
* Inverse Ellipsoid

Case 1 - Forward Sphere Parameters
+lon_0=45 +a=1

Case 2 - Inverse Sphere Parameters
-I +lon_0=45 +a=1

Case 3 - Forward Ellipsoid Parameters
+lon_0=45 +a=1 +e=0.5

Case 4 - Inverse Ellipsoid Parameters
-I +lon_0=45 +a=1 +e=0.5

Where I think the following:
* lon_0 is the central meridian
* a is the radius of the sphere or ellipsoid
* e is the eccentricity

Thanks for your help.

--
Michael Speth