[Proj] Projection Dev - How to call other projections from aprojection?

Michael Speth spethm at landcareresearch.co.nz
Sun Oct 9 18:56:48 EST 2011

I meant ellipsoid and sphere; I apologize for confusing those terms.

I am trying to implement the HEALPix projection from a python
implementation from one of our team members.  The python version has
methods for projecting onto an ellipsoid as well as a sphere.  The
python version's forward and inverse ellipsoid functions call the
forward and inverse sphere functions.

We will also be implementing a new projection called an rHEALPix which
is documented here:
http://code.scenzgrid.org/index.php/p/scenzgrid-py/source/tree/master/docs/scenzgrid_math.pdf

Thank you for your help!