[Proj] How to validate a new projection?

Michael Speth spethm at landcareresearch.co.nz
Tue Oct 11 20:25:24 EST 2011

Greetings,
   As I've written to this list before, our team is working on
implementing the HEALPix projection and developing a new projection for
proj.4.

We have tested the forward and inverse projections against our python
implementation and we believe the mathematical formulas are correct
based on what has already been published for HEALPix; however, how can
we determine that the outputs from the projection are correct?

Are there any standard procedures for validating new projections for
proj.4?

Thank you for your help.

--
Michael Speth