[Proj] rHEALPix new parameters

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 31 14:28:39 EST 2011

Michael,

The full list of proj.4 errors are in pj_strerrno.c.  I have added
a few #define constants for errors in projects.h, but I haven't
tried to add these for older errors.  Right now it can be relatively
hard to find all the places a particular error code might come from!

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Michael Speth
<spethm at landcareresearch.co.nz> wrote:
> Greetings,
>    The E_ERROR calls the set_errno function.  Is there a header file that
> contains a reference to the error codes for proj.4?  In the case of HEALPix
> and rHEALPix, I want to report that for the inverse of these projections,
> that the point is not within the projection space.  Also, for the rHEALPix,
> I want to report that the values for npole and spole are invalid.
>
> How should I choose the the values to pass to errno?

I guess just look at the error text and try to chose something appropriate.
I'd generally not encourage adding new error codes if avoidable.

Note that a point not being in the projection space on inverse
projection is (I think) normally just represented by returning
HUGE_VAL, not by setting an error number.