[Proj] Gauss conformal Lo33 on Clarke 1880 Cape Datum to WGS84 UTM36S - NTv2 file needed.

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Tue Aug 14 11:06:21 EST 2012

Hi Again,

I am struggling to locate a copy of the NTv2 file for Clarke 1880 Cape
Datum to WGS84

I have not had any luck with either Google, or the contacts mentioned in
the article pointed to (below) by Mikael, so please could someone give
me a link to download from, or perhaps send it to me via
transferbigfiles.com or similar method.

I have no idea how big, or what extents are in these NTv2 grid files, as
I have never used them before.

To this end, my area of interest is in Maputo (Mozambique), and
Mozambique apparently uses Clarke 1866 (not 1880) - but the surveyor
"swears blind" that the coords are on "1880" and not "1866".

This begs the question:
Do the extents of this Clarke 1880 NTv2 grid stop at the South African
border (some 50Km west of my area of interest), or do they cover Maputo
sufficiently?

Thanks & kind regards,
Zoltan