[Proj] Hooijberg's algorithm needed

Achim Hasenmueller achim.hasenmueller at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 12:56:57 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm interested in finding the relationship between scale factors of LCC maps
(aviation) that are designed so they can be put next to each other and
therefore
have a different scale factor each.

The maps cover parts of Europe with standard parallels at 40°N and 52°N. The
scale factor differs slightly and I am interested in a formula to calculate
it.
I have found this in a forum message from 2007:

"Find a chart that gives the true scale at 54ºN and divide that into
500,000.
This is the scale factor. For 51N the scale factor is 500/515=0.9709, =
1/1.03
Running Hooijberg's algorith for LCC, 2 parallels, the scale factor at
54N=0.97005."

Unfortunately a search for Hooijberg's algorithm was not successful. Any
pointers appreciated!

Thanks!
Achim