[Proj] Proj Release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 22 11:26:54 EST 2012

On 12-02-21 12:24 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Thanks Frank, I am able to compile now.
>
> I notice that the PROJ_LIB_DIR isn't used (the 'install' target in
> makefile.vc creates a 'share' folder but nothing is copied to it)...so I
> have removed any reference locally to PROJ_LIB_DIR and that share folder.

Jeff,

Hmm.  src/makefile.vc should hardcode this directory into the binary as
the default search location for support files via this line:

CFLAGS	=	/nologo -I. -DPROJ_LIB=\"$(PROJ_LIB_DIR)\" \
		-DHAVE_STRERROR=1 $(OPTFLAGS)

And then nad/makefile.vc should copy support init files (from OTHER_FILES)
and any created grid shift files via the install-nadgrids target.

Are you doing the nmake /f makefile.vc install from the main PROJ directory
or just from inside the src directory?