[Proj] Undefined subroutine &Proj::proj_init called

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Tue Jan 31 13:51:15 EST 2012

I'm not familiar with the Perl binding, but if it just is call the PROJ.4 library methods of the same name, then both "proj_init" and "proj_init_plus" require arguments.  The arguments to "proj_init" are the same as a C's main(int argc, char *argv[]).   In proj_init_plus, the argument is a string. For instance, proj_init_plus("+proj=latlon +DATUM=WGS84").

If Perl's loader is trying to match functions by name and arguments, then that might be the reason for the failure.  The trace shows that /usr/lib/libproj.so.0 is found and loaded.
--

Eric G. Miller
Software Developer