[Proj] 4.8.0 installation on Solaris

Brian O'Hare brian.ohare at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 08:41:19 EST 2012

I'm having some trouble with installation of Proj 4.8.0 on Solaris 10.
Configure and make steps complete fine but the make install step fails
to install the data files into PROJ_LIB. I've tried copying these over
manually. I've then compiled gdal 1.9.1 and mapserver 5.6.3 statically
against the installed proj. However when trying to load layers in
different projections mapserver debug output reports

msOWSGetLayerExtent(): WMS server error. Wrong number of arguments for
EXTENT metadata.

I've tried downgrading to proj 4.7.0 and recompiling gdal and mapserver.
This installs perfectly and WMS works as expected.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem?

many thanks,

Brian

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.