[Proj] FW: Bad Mercator Projection string?

Geoff Shipton geoff at tritonimaginginc.com
Fri Jul 20 11:16:08 EST 2012

Mikael,

Many thanks - my knowledge of these things is somewhat lacking but I did get
as far as figuring out that the scaling factor was likely dependent on the
cosine of the latitude - but of course it's not quite that simple.  My
approach to Geodesy has always been  to know enough to understand when you
need help!

Your description will further my understanding.

Many thanks.

Geoff