[Proj] New omerc approximations of Denmark System 34

OvV_HN ovv at hetnet.nl
Sun Jun 3 14:01:19 EST 2012

I have tried to implement the two Denmark System 34 (S34) projections for
Jutland and Zealand.
I managed to approximate Kristensen's rotated Transverse Mercator
approximations [1]
by using +proj=omerc with alpha and gamma
from:
Mikael Rittri

Reply:

This is an interesting approximation!
BTW, I haven't seen your reference [5], the online converter.
I believe it is:
http://valdemar.kms.dk/trf/

Furthermore I would like to add that I found at last the original
polynomials at the Kort og Matrikelstyrelsen (KMS) site.
The KMS conversion tool source code has been put online and the System34
conversion polynomials can be found in the file tcts_u.c, distributed from:
https://bitbucket.org/KMS/trlib/src/b02ad5890f03/TR_SRC/tcts_u.c
This url will undoubtedly change or disappear, in that case search for:
KMS / trlib
Geodetic transformation library from the National Survey and Cadastre,
Denmark

You could examine the complete source code, but I noticed that CS-MAP from
Autodesk has a neat implementation.
Look at:
http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/csmap/sandbox/RFC2/Source/CS_sys34.c
and you'll also need at least:
http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/csmap/sandbox/RFC2/Source/CSsys34KMS.c
plus the KMS file mentioned above.

Also Kai Borre has some sort of an approximation for System34.
See the files:
  s34j2utm.m
  s34s2utm.m
  s452utm.m
  utm2s34j.m
  utm2s34s.m
  utm2s45.m
in the folder:
http://kom.aau.dk/~borre/geodesy/

Hope this info can be of some help to users of DK System34.

Oscar van Vlijmen