[Proj] PROJ 4.8.0 Release Candidate 1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 13 11:44:11 EST 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Eric Miller <EMiller at dfg.ca.gov> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> I believe it's a matter of configuring the MSVC environment. For instance,
>
> C:\proj-4.8.0>"\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" amd64
> C:\proj-4.8.0>nmake /f makefile.vc
>
> See, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x4d2c09s%28v=vs.100%29.aspx
>
> You'll need a 64-bit MSVC compiler, though.  Apparently that isn't shipped with the free Visual C++ Express.

Eric / Jeff,

Right, you should be able to use the makefile.vc though you may
need to fiddle with the OPTFLAGS or other settings in
proj\nmake.opt for 64bit.  I haven't tried it on win64 myself so if
anyone has a chance to try it that would be helpful.

BTW, I'm hoping to promote the release to final today.  I will likely
add a few items to the NEWS file first but not otherwise change
the package.