[Proj] How does the datum "NAD27 Michigan" work?

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Fri May 4 10:09:07 EST 2012

Option (a) is the desired intent.  This is an attempt to translate between GIS pros and Cadastral pros.  Many GIS pros back then were not aware of using the Gaussian Sphere to implement the "Sea Level Correction" muchless go above the ellipsoid to the surface.  Minnesota does this on a county-by-county basis; Colombia does city-by-city.  This is essentially a scale factor correction for grid to ground distances.

Sent from Cliff Mugnier's iPhone