[Proj] (no subject)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Dec 16 17:16:08 EST 2013

Siva,

I believe you want to use the "geod" program distributed with PROJ.4.  The
man page, possibly a bit out of date is at:

  http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/wiki/man_geod

Example use:
$ geod +ellps=WGS84

Input:
33 -117 15 10000

Output:
33d5'13.53"N 116d58'20.2"W -164d59'5.581"

So if you gave it an initial location of 33N 117W, an azimuth(bearing) of
15 degrees and a distance 10000m you would arrive at the output location
given with the third value being the azimuth back to the original point.

You should be able to construct what you want from this.

There is also a corresponding C API.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com