[Proj] axis order included in epsg file

Martin Kofahl martin.kofahl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 15:47:54 EST 2013

Hello Martin,

thanks for pointing me to the geoapi project. At MapServer we have a
similar built-in list, which isn't realy nice to maintain. Replacing it by
the list from geoapi is an alternative. But I know people occasionally add
own codes to the proj epsg file, which will result in troubles if
north-east exis order is required.

Are there chances to generally add the axis order parameter in the proj
epsg file? Independent of how proj itself evalutates the parameter, there's
a single configuration file for the crs' and other software can rely on it
without mixing diffenernt configurations.

Martin