[Proj] proj4 strings from lat lon pcraster maps

Domenico Nappo domenico.nappo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:39:04 EST 2013

Hi folks,
I'm quite newbie in proj4 (and geo world in general) so sorry if it seems a
dummy question (I was sure to find a faq on this but maybe I miss something
crucial here).

I'm using some geo interpolation libraries (python) which require proj4
strings and area extents for interpolation methods.
As target grids, I got fixed pcraster maps, representing (I suppose...)
regular gaussian grids as 2 maps (lats and lons).

How to define proj4 strings out of this information?

Thanks in advance!