[Proj] [proj4] beginner questions

John Lilley john.lilley at redpoint.net
Mon Feb 25 18:25:53 EST 2013

Greetings,
We are getting started with proj4 and I am after some fairly basic things to being, I was hoping you could help me get started.  Our basic need is:
* Reading the datum specification from ShapeFiles, TAB, MID/MIF.
* Converting an arbitrary datum to WGS84 for internal processing.
* Presenting user with a pick list of datum for output.
* Converting from WGS84 back to user-chosen datum.

I suppose it is never that simple, but if you can point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.