[Proj] Add simple transformations to proj

Kristian Thy thy at 42.dk
Thu Jan 3 09:02:58 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 03, support.mn at elisanet.fi wrote:
> Andre Joost [andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de] kirjoitti:
> > There is also a commercial software, but I would not recommend to pay
> > for such things.
> >

> I hope he is not recommending to use stolen programs?

I read that as an exhortation to use FOSS or build your own code, not
a suggestion that piracy is a valid choice.

> if it is not too expensive (compared to your own hour/price x hours spent to
> make similar) and it works.

Problem number one: you usually only find out whether it works after
you've paid for it.

> It is usually at least 1000 times cheaper to use any ready made than
> to make similar tool your self - why? Since making any good program is
> very slow and time consuming.

Problem number two: you very easily end up paying for 1000 features you
don't need and wouldn't have wasted time on coding yourself.

\\kristian
--
... et nemo ex vobis interrogat me: "Quo vadis?"