[Proj] Update Proj without effect

JAVIER LOPEZ BENITO JAVIER.LOPEZBENITO at cgsi.asturias.org
Thu Jan 31 03:26:10 EST 2013

Hi there:

I've an issue with Proj upgrade in a SLES11 box...

In a fresh 8.4.12 PostGreSQL+PostGIS installation, when I run a "SELECT
PostGIS_PROJ_Version();" query, it shows 4.6.1 version. Later, I
installed Proj 4.8.0 (configure, make, make install), but the query
result is still the same.

When I run Proj directly from bash shell, the 4.8 version is executed
but I don't know how to "link" the PostGIS installation with the new
Proj version, without a complete PostGIS reinstallation with the
"--with-projdir" option in ./configure

ast:~ # proj

Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March 2012

usage: proj [ -beEfiIlormsStTvVwW [args] ] [ +opts[=arg] ] [ files ]

I think that there is a path problem, maybe in libraries or
executables... Someone can help me?

Greets

JL