[Proj] PROJ 4.9.0 Beta1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 3 09:42:09 EST 2013

Folks,

I have prepared a 4.9.0 Beta 1 release file at:

  http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0b1.tar.gz
  http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0b1.zip

The NEWS file reports:
 o Implement new virtual file api (projFileAPI) so that all access to grid
   shift and init files can be hooked.

 o Replace geodesic implementation with one from Charles Karney and add a
   supported public interface (geod_interface.h).

 o Upgraded to EPSG 8.0.

 o Removed old (deprecated) Java bindings in favor of the new api introduced
   in 4.8.0.

 o Various bug fixes and cleanup.

There is still time to fix additional problems before a final release
though as usual it is helpful to supply patches in the tickets.

warmerdam at pobox.com