[Proj] coordinates in decimal degrees and Albers Equal Conic projection

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Mon Mar 11 10:37:54 EST 2013

Hello,

well, it is not said what is the datum?

But it looks like the coordinates are for a large map and that they are only
given with 2 decimal places .. so that they are not very accurate and that
the map is so large that it has no meaning what datum you use .. since
datum shifts are in the range few hundred meters and maximum maybe
1 km.

So I would assume that they are in WGS84 datum (or what ever datum)
and  do some tests since it looks that the coordinates are not very
accurate.

So the answer is: "Try first with no datum conversions"

Regards: Janne.