[Proj] Search directory for grid shift files

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Thu Nov 7 04:55:50 EST 2013

Hi

I'm trying to implement support for datum transformations with grid
shift files into the QGIS gui. For better useability, I would like to
check if a shift file for a datum transformation is present (and if not,
give a hint to the user where to put the .gsb file).
Is there a way to find out the search directory for grid shift files? I
see in the API doc there is a method pj_set_searchpath, however I cannot
find one to read the path. What is the best approach to get the search path?

Thank you for any hint,
Marco****