[Proj] Add custom projection

Jose Gonçalves jagoncal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:00:27 EST 2014

Hi

I suppose it should be PI/4 instead of PI/2.
That formula is an approximation of the exact Mercator projection for the
Hayford ellipsoid.
The differences in the Y coordinate are smaller than 10 meters, for
latitudes below 60 degrees. If that is ok for you you can go for the
ellipsoid projection::
+proj=intl +proj=merc

If you need more accuracy and your latitude extension is relatively small
you can adjust a scale factor and a false northing, and get a much better
accuracy.
This may avoid programming the formula.

Regards

José Gonçalves