[Proj] Can I convert the ellipsoids using Proj?

Alain Orsoni Alain.Orsoni at ign.fr
Wed Aug 20 01:37:13 EST 2014

Cleo,

If I understand correctly you have latitude, longitude, elevation (considered as heigth above ellipsoid) and geoid (considered as height above geoid).
If so, you have to input only latitude longitude and elevation in proj4. Heigth above geoid remains the same whatever the ellipsoid you use, it is just the height of the geoid above the ellipsoid which changes when you change ellipsoid.
The elevation above ellipsoid will change because of the change of ellipsoid dimensions.

Alain