[Proj] Rhumb lines and Mercator on a triaxial ellipsoid

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Sun Dec 21 08:44:16 EST 2014

So, does this mean that if I travel along a rhumb line, and reach a pole after a finite distance, and continue the same distance beyond the pole, I would end up at my original latitude but at the opposite (antipodal) meridian?
       That sounds fairly intuitive, but I always thought it was undefined how to continue a rhumb line beyond a pole, due to the infinite number of encirclings around the pole.

Interesting.

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta
Sweden