[Proj] Equal Arc Projection, GeoTIFF, and GDAL/Proj4

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Mar 2 04:30:31 EST 2014

Hi,

On 02.03.2014 02:08, Charles Karney wrote:
> Equal arc just means equal arc increments in latitude and longitude.  In
> other words the projection is just ordinary longitude and latitude.

Duh. That sounds a good deal simpler than I thought. Thank you.

Am I then right in saying that a request like "I want an image in Equal
Arc projection with a pixel size of 6 metres by 6 metres" does not make
a lot of sense, since the width of a pixel will be constant in arc
increments, and therefore not constant in metres?

Bye
Frederik