[Proj] Converting to WGS84 Latitude/Longitude

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Fri Oct 24 01:50:02 EST 2014

Hi Artur.

It could be the same thing. "Geodetic" latitude is the same as ordinary,
everyday latitude. There are some other flavours of latitude as well,
auxiliary latitudes that are mainly used to simplify some kinds of
computations, but "geodetic" is the ordinary kind.

For longitudes, there is only one flavour, but the zero meridian is
not always Greenwich.

So the coordinates you mention could be in WGS84 Lat/Long already.
But it is not certain, since they could be expressed in some other
geodetic datum that uses a different ellipsoid.

Do you have any documentation about the geodetic datum of your
coordinates (like Pulkovo 1942, Pulkovo 1995, PZ 1990, or WGS84),
or about the ellipsoid used?

Best regards,

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta