[Proj] Confused by git branch management

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Aug 25 10:46:08 EST 2015

Hi,

I've just pushed a fix to trunk and branch/4.9, the latest I assumed to be the
one that would gave a proj 4.9.2, but when digging more, it appears this
branch/4.9 is really outdated (https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/commits/4.9).
It looks like it is basically 4.9.0 plus a couple of fixes I committed
afterwards.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be appropriate to :
1) kill this branch/4.9
2) copy tag/4.9.1 as branch/4.9 (or from the master commit that corresponds)
3) and reapply on top of the relevant commits

I guess this would translate to
1) git push origin :4.9
2) git checkout tag/4.9.1
    git branch -b 4.9
    git push origin 4.9
3) git cherry-pick ...

But my git abilities are limited, so advice would be welcome, in case we agree
this is the right strategy.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com