[Proj] 4.9.1RC1 Released

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Feb 21 06:06:53 EST 2015

Le samedi 21 février 2015 04:48:56, Howard Butler a écrit :
> > On Feb 20, 2015, at 5:24 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:51 PM, Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co> wrote:
> >> All,
> >>
> >> I have issued a 4.9.1RC1 which is now available for testing. Please test
> >> and report any issues via bug tracker or email. If there are no
> >> show-stoppers, I will motion to promote this release on Wednesday Feb
> >> 25th.
> >>
> >> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.1RC1.tar.gz
>
> As requested, I have issued one more RC, with the items from Markus,
> Sebastiaan, and Charles. Please report any findings or issues as before.
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.1RC2.tar.gz

Howard,

I've fixed 2 issues in SVN:

* cmake builds failed because cmake/policies.cmake nor man/CMakeLists.txt were
embedded in the .tar.gz when doing "make dist-all"

Fixed by r2617:"install missing CMake support files for dist-all target"

* autoconf build failed on "make install" when no .lla files were installed in
the nad subdirectory.

Fixed by r2618 "fix install target when no .lla files are in nad subdirectory"

With those fixes, both build systems are happy and GDAL autotest run fine.

Note: I haven't pushed the files regenerated by autogen.sh in SVN

With CMake build, I noticed that proj cannot find automatically the grid files.
You have to manaully define the PROJ_LIB environment variable to point to the
$PREFIX/share/proj directory. autoconf builds have the following magic in
src/Makefile.am that sets the PROJ_LIB macro to $(pkgdatadir) so that
src/pj_open_lib.c has a default hardcoded path.

{{{
INCLUDES =      -DPROJ_LIB=\"$(pkgdatadir)\" \
                -DMUTEX_ at MUTEX_SETTING@ @JNI_INCLUDE@
}}}

Not sure how to do that with CMake...

Even