[Proj] Jacobi + Guyou projections; conformal map of ellipsoid to sphere

Charles Karney charles.karney at sri.com
Thu Jan 1 18:12:33 EST 2015

Other than Nyrstov https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-32618-9_17 ,
there's

   http://geocnt.geonet.ru/en/3_axial
   J. P. Snyder, Survey Review 38(217), 130-148 (1985)
   and references therein

but Snyder's method seems to be much more complicated that Jacobi's
projection (converted into elliptic integrals).  I'm not aware of
any work talking about mapping a trixial ellipsoid to a sphere.
However, once you've mapped the ellipsoid to a rectangle, the
mapping to a sphere is straightforward.

BTW, what does "equivalence" mean in this context?

   --Charles

\