[Proj] Github migration complete

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:08:28 EST 2015

>> Thanks Thomas/Howard!
>>
>> Some questions:
>>
>> - will the trac instance be available after decommissioning?
>> - any interest in turning https://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ into GitHub pages
>> (thereby available at http://osgeo.github.io/proj.4/ ?  I offer to
>> implement this and setup/deploy
>
>I definitely have interest in that. I guess the plan was to only decomission the ticket creation capabiltiy, and leave the rest standing for as long as reasonable, with pointers to the >github system for code/tickets going forward. Maybe this strategy is too confusing.
>
>I was planning to leave the wiki pages alone, but we’d happily take some contribution on that front if you’re interested in porting it over and bring it up to date.

Update: it was difficult to figure out what parts of
https://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ were website-ish as opposed to wiki
pages, so I initially transferred the trac wiki pages [1] to GitHub
wiki [2] verbatim.  If there is further interest in making an actual
website presence for proj.4, I'm happy to move this along.

..Tom

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/wiki/TitleIndex
[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/wiki