[Proj] Missing proj_def.dat in 4.9.1 release

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Mon Sep 7 09:23:47 EST 2015

> On Sep 7, 2015, at 4:40 AM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
>
> Another related topic is : what should be the policy with automake/autoconf
> generated files in git :
> - regenerate them and commit them each time they are modified. Advantage: the
> export from git is always valid. Drawback: it is easy to forget regenerating
> - regenerate them only just before release time (so travis build would need to
> run ./autogen.sh)
> - drop them from git completely ( that's what is suggested by
> https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/pull/282 )

My preference is also to remove them entirely, but we need to have some kind of policy on what the autotools/automake variant is that does 'make dist' that ultimately makes the distribution for release. If I were to do 'make dist' from my OSX environment and then release that, many would not be happy with it, for example. We have this same challenge in libgeotiff too.

I will issue a 4.9.2-RC1 tarball this afternoon.

Howard