[Proj] Proj 4.9.2 RC1 Released

Roger Bivand roger.bivand at nhh.no
Wed Sep 9 02:16:25 EST 2015

Howard Butler <howard <at> hobu.co> writes:

> All,
>
> Proj.4 4.9.2 RC1 is now available for testing. Please download it from
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.2RC1.tar.gz (md5 at
http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.2RC1.tar.gz.md5)

> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.2RC1.zip (md5 at
http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.2RC1.zip.md5)

Thanks very much!

I've run checks (Fedora 22, current gcc) on this tarball (passes fine) rgdal
itself built against 4.9.2), and on the > 100 packages that declare
dependence (depend, links to, imports, suggests) on rgdal (and use PROJ
through rgdal - here 4.9.2). From a cursory reading of 8 failures, none seem
to be related to PROJ (things like not setting random number seeds, missing
LaTeX packages, etc). Today I'll run the same checks on the root sp package
in the same format and report back.

Roger

PS. A user reports that MacPorts 4.9.1 is affected by the absence of
proj_def.dat - the current rgdal shows more verbose messages. The user
patched it manually:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2015-September/023395.html

> This release includes the fix for missing proj_def.dat, improvements in
the geodesic library from
> Charles Karney, a fix of setlocale in threading situations by Even
Rouault, and cleanups of a number of
information. https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/blob/master/ChangeLog

> Assuming no major issues are found that warrants another release
candidate, I will promote RC1 to a final