[Proj] Proj.4 4.9.2 RC2 Released

Roger Bivand roger.bivand at nhh.no
Thu Sep 10 13:20:29 EST 2015

Howard Butler <howard <at> hobu.co> writes:

> All,
>
> Proj.4 4.9.2 RC2 is now available for testing. Please download it from

RC2 checks clean for R (as expected, the further changes were orthogonal to
the missing file issue); rgdal and all the packages that depend on it, link
to it, import its namespace and suggest it.

I guess it is insignificant, but from and including 4.9.1 (RCs too), I'm
seeing in config.log:

configure:2397: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:2452: result: yes
configure:2490: WARNING: 'missing' script is too old or missing
configure:2603: checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p

In 4.8.0 (and the unreleased 4.9.0) it was:

configure:2320: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:2370: result: yes
configure:2511: checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p

Thanks for keeping this moving,

Roger

> SOVERSION has been incremented to 10:0:0 in recognition of PVALUE change.
Should no more critical issues