[Proj] Proj.4 4.9.2 RC2 Released

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 10 15:57:47 EST 2015

On 10-09-15 21:56, Howard Butler wrote:
>> On Sep 10, 2015, at 2:47 PM, Elliott Sales de Andrade <quantum.analyst at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The change was made to Makefile.am, but not Makefile.in (more reason to avoid those generated files in git), so everyone has been testing against the old soname.
>
> master's Makefile.in has indeed not been updated, but I regenerated before I cut the RC2 release. It seems to me to be versioning the library as expected.

The library versioning for the 4.9.2RC2 tarball is correct.

4.9.1 built:

 libproj.so.9.0.0
 libproj.so -> libproj.so.9.0.0
 libproj.so.9 -> libproj.so.9.0.0

And 4.9.2 RC2:

 libproj.so.9.1.0
 libproj.so -> libproj.so.9.1.0
 libproj.so.9 -> libproj.so.9.1.0

Not all then changes from the ChangeLog mentioned at the start of the
thread are actually in the 4.9.2RC2 tarball.

The PVALUE change is only in git, not in the tarball.

git master also bumps the SONAME to libproj.so.10 which I don't think is
required for the PVALUE change.

Another change between git master and the 4.9.2RC2 tarball is the
inclusion of the unused src/hypot.c & src/nad_list.h only in git, not in
the tarball. Those two can probably be dropped from git too.

> I was planning to remove all autogen'd stuff from the repo after the 4.9.2 release.

This is a very welcome change.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--