[Proj] Proj 4.9.3RC2 Released

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Tue Aug 16 22:06:34 EST 2016

All,

proj.4 4.9.3 RC2 is now available [1]. It includes removal of the OSX cruft (I'm now using an Ubuntu container to generate the release), the EPSG data was updated to 8.9 (no substantive changes), and the distribution additions that Charles mentioned. Release notes and existing Pull Request decisions are yet to be done.

Additionally, I created a Dockerfile [2] that describes the process I used to generate the EPSG database updates. It produces the data for libgeotiff, proj.4, GDAL, and PostGIS if access to the ESRI FileGDB SDK is available before building the container.  I will also use the same container for generating releases (based on Ubuntu Xenial) unless someone chimes in with a reason why we shouldn't use that.

[1] http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.3RC2.tar.gz and http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.3RC2.tar.gz.md5
[2] https://gist.github.com/hobu/f27b1e06a45a2200bf7262a664d5b825