[Proj] Proj 4.9.3RC2 Released

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Wed Aug 17 09:25:07 EST 2016

> On Aug 17, 2016, at 7:30 AM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
>
> # Unknown
> +# Unable to translate coordinate system EPSG:7692 into PROJ.4 format.

Thanks for the catch, Even. I have updated the process generating the codes, and it is now behaving as expected. I pushed the update to the Proj.4 repository, and they will be included when we issue a new RC.

To issue the new RC, we need some feedback. I am inclined to merge the following pull requests. Please provide feedback about these items if you have some:

> #400 -- Times projection implementation -- https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/pull/400
> MERGE
>
> #399 -- Eliminate load time non-computable initializers in healpix -- https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/pull/399
> MERGE by Kristian/Thomas
>
> #386 -- GIGS tests -- https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/pull/386
> MERGE
>
> #366 -- Fix +wgs84 parameters for 3844 (Romania) -- https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/pull/366
> MERGE

The following pull request require some more discussion:

> #391 -- new projection function for Navionics Mercator -- https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/pull/391
> NOMERGE. There's some controversy about the usefulness and validity of the the projection in the ticket. Micah pointed out there is one other example of a pure single-use projection in proj.4, which this would seem to be. I'd like to hear some support by others about including this before merging it.
>
> #388 -- Transformation pipelines -- https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/pull/388
> Contingent on Thomas and Kristian being ready to merge it. It is new functionality so its impact should be minimal.
>
> #383 -- Add BETA2007 grid and change potsdam datum -- https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/pull/383
> Need feedback on the impact of the datum change

Howard