[Proj] Proj 4.9.3RC2 Released

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Mon Aug 22 03:57:07 EST 2016

I've just returned from my holiday so unfortunately I haven't been able to pitch in before now. For now I'll just voice my opinion on the open PR's, but please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

#386, #399 and #400 were merged a few hours ago so no need to discuss those.

#366: If I understand correctly, to fix this properly you would apply an override to the EPSG-database scripts somewhere in libgeotif or GDAL. I guess that hasn't happened yet, so +1 on merging. Can someone add the override where it belongs so we don't have to deal with this the next time there's updates to the EPSG file?

#383 (and #371): I have no insight in the technical side of things here, but I suggest we close #371 since it is basically the same as #383, and merge #383 when ready.

#388: As Thomas has already stated on github, it is not ready to be merged yet.

#389: +1 on the NOMERGE. The discussion on github makes it clear to me that this is a projection that is made specifically for one particular older proprietary software package which is not in widespread use (so it seems to me at least). On top of that the documentation of the projection is not very good or publicly available (apart from a PDF attached to the github discussion). The submitter of the PR has not been able to explain what the benefits of merging his additions are, except for making it easier for the Navionics company to maintain their codebase.

Before releasing it would be nice to have the option of not compiling the newly implemented self-tests into proj. Even pointed out some time ago that the size of the proj binary becomes quite large when the tests are included. I will try to do something about that in the next few days.

/Kristian