[Proj] which Cylindrical projection has smallest area

Wang Leslie wqyuwss at hotmail.com
Tue May 24 17:30:29 EST 2016

Dear all,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_map_projections#Table_of_projections lists so many different Cylindrical projection. I guess different projection should generate different dimensions. If yes, can you please tell me which one has smallest area (width multiply height)? And also how about 1) Guyou hemisphere-in-a-square projection; 2) Adams hemisphere-in-a-square projection; 3) Eckert II, which are not Cylindrical projection, but still have polygon shape.

Best Regards

Leslie