[Proj] convert from Equidistant Cylindrical to Eckert I

Jose Gonçalves jagoncal at gmail.com
Wed May 25 06:51:21 EST 2016

An image is georeferenced if there is some form of associating pixel
positions (row, column) to geolocation, in geographic or cartographic
coordinates.
Proj, or any other program that uses proj, needs that to apply map
projection formulas
In your case you must simulate that your image is georeferenced, giving it
an extent of 360 degrees in longitude (row) and some proportional extent in
latitude (column).
Regards

Jose