[Proj] Differences between UTM Zone 30 (ED 50) projections

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Oct 14 00:39:35 EST 2016

Hello Jelmer,

Am 13.10.2016 um 20:36 schrieb Jelmer Baas:

> I'm not sure I understand this question of yours: " What datum shift
> grid did you use? the files I know are mainly from national
> coordinate systems to WGS84.". Care to eloborate?

I did not know that a grid shift file from ED50 to WGS84 exists. The one
you have is valid for Spain only.

<http://terrasit.gva.es/val/kb/canvi-sistema-referencia-ed50-etrs89-transformacio-coordinades-utm-ed50-utm-etrs89-utilitzant-lli>
should help you on the way (I guess you understand Spanish better than I
do).

ftp://ftp.rgan.navarra.es/docs/Rejilla_NTv2/Spain/ should contain the
gsb files for those who have no access to mapinfo.

HTH,
André Joost