[Proj] Individual Projection Pages

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Thu Sep 1 22:58:39 EST 2016

Kristian,

Thanks to your efforts generating a script to render the projections in a similar fashion as Gerald's PostScript files. I have taken those and updated the website http://proj4.org/projections/index.html

The idea is to provide an individual page for each projection that Proj.4 supports, and we would put all math and relevant supporting materials about that projection at that location. Something like http://proj4.org/projections/sinu.html There is a ton of material in the PostScript files (I do wish we had the original latex so there wasn't risk to getting the math notation wrong) that needs to be brought into these "projection pages", but we now have some scaffolding to support people contributing to this effort.

Thanks again!

Howard