[Proj] Coming releases of PROJ.4

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Mon Jul 10 02:16:49 EST 2017

I was going to say that when people spend their time and skill developing valuable stuff and let others use it for free, then they surely deserve praise and gratitude, especially from us commercial users. But then Bas said it better: I fully agree.

Another thing: I don't quite see why the next major release of Proj.4 shouldn't simply be called Proj.5 (unless that is already taken by something else). Well, I understand that the 4 has somehow metamorphosed from a version number to a part of the software name, but isn't that just because "Proj" by itself is such a common term? In which case Proj.5 should be as distinctive as Proj.4.

Best regards,

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta
Sweden