[Proj] Coming releases of PROJ.4

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 22 14:15:27 EST 2017

On 06/22/2017 08:49 PM, Kristian Evers wrote:
>> I'm also thinking to Linux distributions that will be able to ship only a single proj version and will perhaps have packages that still use the old API while others have already migrated.
>
> Good point.
To be more specific, there will be projects that will never move to the
new API due to lack of development manpower, etc.

Ideally the old API remains available, and gets put into an indefinite
maintenance mode.

The alternative is removing those projects from the distributions when
the old API is no longer available (i.e. after 4.9.12).

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1