[Proj] +towgs84 approximation error

Noel Zinn (cc) ndzinn at comcast.net
Wed Mar 22 16:59:25 EST 2017

Jochem,

If you want to abandon the small-angle approximation and use sines and
cosines, you must then define an order for the three rotation matrices
(about X, about Y, and about Z).  Different matrix orders give different
answers.  What's your preferred order and why?

Noel

Noel Zinn, Principal, Hydrometronics LLC
+1-832-539-1472 (office), +1-281-221-0051 (cell)
noel.zinn at hydrometronics.com (email)
http://www.hydrometronics.com (website)