[Proj] +towgs84 approximation error

Jochem jochem.lesparre at kadaster.nl
Wed Mar 22 21:37:49 EST 2017

Hi Stefanos,

You are still completely misunderstanding my problem. The responsible agency
already did these measurements. And the measurements are ok. They also
computed the 7 parameters. These are ok too. I checked the least-squares
adjustment. The problem is that the Proj.4 formulas are wrong. Wrong in the
sense that they give different results from transformation with other
software. I used several software packages and the differences between them
were 0.1 to a few mm. The only one that was 4 cm different was Proj.4.

However I don't want to use one of the other software packages as these can
only transform points and not vector maps like QGIS.

Ragards, Jochem